When is the first day of school?
- Our First Day of school for 2018-2019 school year was Tuesday, August 21st, 2018.
- You can find our full year calendar here.
What if my child misses school?
- We are required to take attendance, but learning is not required to take place on site. Your child can miss for any reason and you can take a ‘supplemental’ attendance of your child’s learning at home. We are happy to provide these materials or you may create them yourself.
- When your child misses school for an extended period, we will send you work and/or projects to keep them with their class.
- The world can be an incredible classroom, so if you find the desire to expose your children to it, you don’t have to travel at peak season to do that. In addition to the work we provide you, we’ll probably ask your child keeps a journal and shares their experience with the class upon their return.
- WE REQUEST NO ONE MISS SCHOOL FOR THE FIRST MONTH (SEPTEMBER) IN ORDER TO ALLOW ALL THE LEARNERS TO GET ACCLIMATED AND NOT FALL BEHIND EMOTIONALLY OR DEVELOPMENTALLY WITH THE CURRICULUM.
Do you offer hot lunches?
- We are able to offer hot lunches if there is enough demand however due to lack of demand, we had to stop them as of November.
Are we required to have proof of vaccinations?
- Learning CoLab does require it even though our homeschool provider may not. No exceptions.
Do we have to sign up for summer school?
- In order to receive the full stipend from our homeschool provider, you are required to sign up for a 12 month (school year + summer) vendor program.
- During the summer we will not be site based but we will get summer reading challenges and optional projects. Additionally, we will offer fun learning days throughout the summer for your child if they are available.
- If you choose not to sign up for summer, you will be financially responsible for the $500 stipend that our homeschool provider would normally attribute to our program.
What’s the deal with after school programs or extended care?
- Any additional care or programs will be at an additional cost to the parents who request it.
- We will take the programs that are most requested, determine the additional costs and present to the parents. If parents approve costs, we will provide the educator and determine the schedule.
- We currently are offering chess, mixed Martial Arts, Dungeons & Dragons, Hebrew immersion and Spanish immersion.