When is the first day of school?
- Our First Day of school for 2018-2019 school year is Tuesday, August 21st, 2018.
- We will be posting our full year calendar shortly.
What if my child misses school?
- We are required to take attendance, but learning is not required to take place on site. Your child can miss for any reason and you can take a ‘supplemental’ attendance of your child’s learning at home. We are happy to provide these materials or you may create them yourself.
- When your child misses school for an extended period, we will send you work and/or projects to keep them with their class.
- The world can be an incredible classroom, so if you find the desire to expose your children to it, you don’t have to travel at peak season to do that. In addition to the work we provide you, we’ll probably ask your child keeps a journal and shares their experience with the class upon their return.
- WE REQUEST NO ONE MISS SCHOOL FOR THE FIRST MONTH (SEPTEMBER) IN ORDER TO ALLOW ALL THE LEARNERS TO GET ACCLIMATED AND NOT FALL BEHIND EMOTIONALLY OR DEVELOPMENTALLY WITH THE CURRICULUM.
Do you offer hot lunches?
- Very excited that Jackie who provided those hot and healthy choices at iLead Encino last year is happy to continue to offer us her menu.
- You choose when you want hot lunches and choose from her menu and pay her directly
- * Depending on our final location.
Are we required to have proof of vaccinations?
- Learning Colab does require it even though iLead Exploration does not. No exceptions.
Do we have to sign up for summer school?
- In order to receive the full stipend from iLead Exploration or other homeschool programs, you are required to sign up for a 12 month (school year + summer) vendor program.
- During the summer we will not be site based but we will get summer reading challenges and optional projects. Additionally, we will offer fun learning days throughout the summer for your child if they are available.
- If you choose not to sign up for summer, you will be financially responsible for the $500 stipend that iLead Exploration would normally attribute to our program.
What’s the deal with after school programs or extended care?
- Any additional care or programs will be at an additional cost to the parents who request it.
- We will take the programs that are most requested, determine the additional costs and present to the parents. If parents approve costs, we will provide the educator and determine the schedule.